Friday, August 19, 2011
It's My Hairyversary!
Today marks 2 years to the day that I began transitioning to natural and I feel like a little celebration is in order. Cue the music! :
On this muggy, August afternoon I was planning on straightening my hair, (I plead temporary insanity), to begin the process of gradually getting rid of my relaxed ends but with these high summertime temperatures and the humidity I doubt it will stay straight long enough for me to accurately trim. It takes me a few hours to straighten my hair and I would be incredibly frustrated to see all that effort shrink up within minutes, (please refer to tip #5 in the short-hand guide to transitioning).
That said, here's where it all began:
This is a pic of my hair as I was removing twists 5-6 months after my relaxer breakage fiasco (2009). Even though it had grown in some, the hair loss was still pretty apparent. Note the hairless patch in the center of my nape. There were a few more patches like this around my hairline as well. I was in love with my new texture but those patches were not pretty. The good news is it did get better...
Here's how long my hair was, (flat-ironed) this May, 2011:
Look out for an update on my current length as well as a trip down memory lane in the near future...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment